Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Finally

I know; it has been so long since I have been able to update! I have many excuses like time, lack of internet, work, and travel. I'll spare you the details and get to the fun stuff. :-)

Mason and I went to VA for a long weekend and I was able to meet his family. I met two sets of grandparents, parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers and sisters, high school friends, and even a few high school acquaintances we happened to run into. (It happens in a small town.) We were both able to relax and enjoy ourselves, even with all of the driving and running from place to place. We didn't take nearly enough pictures, but we are determined to do better come holiday time when we will have more opportunity to.


The picture on the right is nearly all of the Stanley side of Mason's family. They were gathered for "Grandpa Stanley's" 71st birthday. I must say, they were one of the most ornery bunch I had ever encountered! Yet, thankfully, they were so busy picking on each other they were able to avoid me for a bit. They were very loving though, and did make me feel at home. Even though it was Grandpa Stanley's birthday, Mason and I received a few engagement gifts--It was like Christmas in June!


Allow me a quick flashback to May to showoff my big sister. She graduated with her M.A. in Education!

This is her being recognized for a scholarship she received and getting her hood!



She finished before he did...it may be a sore spot, but he was still proud. :-)

That's all for today.

-mri

No comments: