Monday, July 9, 2007

A new monday

Ah yes, a fresh start on a new week. Sunday services were so good, Pastor "Ant" was talking about King David and how he turned into a control freak, thus turned his life into complete chaos. Through denying his sin, and trying to control every resulting detail because of his lack of repentance, he ended up practically driving himself crazy. And this was the man who took after God's heart?! Incredible when you realize all that was going on. Note: people's actions in the Bible do not justify repetition of their actions, but represent the reality that none of them were "spiritual giants" either; rather they, like each of us today, were human beings alive spiritually by God's incredible grace!

Today was a stellar day. I was up bright and early (practically with the sun) and my body did NOT want to wake up this morning. I pulled out onto the main road in the wrong direction, told myself I had turned the wrong way, went to turn around, and then doubted myself. I was right the first time, in that I was wrong. :) I did make it to work on-time though. Work was insane as we were back up to capacity with kids, had new kids starting with no medical paperwork on file (thus they have to be turned away until we have confirmed documents), and we were short-staffed so nobody got any breaks at all. To make it even more interesting, the weather was uncooperative this morning and the kids couldn't go outside because of the thunderstorms and sporadic drenchings. Lastly, we had 2 Korean kids start at the camp today! The 4th grader understands a good bit, but doesn't speak very well, and the younger doesn't understand or speak hardly at all. Their mom was very pleased when she found out I spoke enough Korean to help them out, and I must say I enjoyed getting to talk to them a little bit. I so rarely get to use my Korean and am losing it quickly.

And another Korean moment-just a five minute walk down the street from the church (where the camp is) I found a small sandwich/drink shop run by a Korean couple! I thought they were Korean right off the bat when I saw them, and was convinved as soon as she took my charge card from me. For those of you who may not know what I am getting at, she used the traditional posture of receiving with the right hand, and gracefully bracing the right arm with the left hand. It was a dead giveaway, and the conversation which was sparked seemed to bring joy to both of our days!

I am off to relax before I crash for the night as I am opening at camp again tomorrow morning.

-mri

1 comment:

Blues and Greens said...

Hey friend, I love you.

Emily